Helping your talent shine
Working with the national Shed Associations, we’re supporting the development of Sheds across Britain.
You can either volunteer as part of an existing service or start your own Community Shed.
Whether this is your first time volunteering or you’re a seasoned volunteer but you’ve never set up a community or activity shed before, we’re here to help so your skills can make a difference.
It’s important that you get as much from your voluntary role as the people you come into contact with. We’ll offer advice to help you start your own Community Shed.
You’re bound to have lots of questions. We can help with things like:
- Keeping the running costs of your Shed down
- How to decide what is best for your Shed
- The types of governance and organisational structures that are available
- Finding sources of funding and putting together a sustainable funding plan
- Health & Safety and Risk Assessments
- Promoting your Shed
- Fundraising activities.
Our volunteers choose to join us for a number of different reasons, but ultimately we hope you’re able to share your talents and skills in a way that works for you.